Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What is your favourite series of the 90’s?


In 1993, i was 5 years old back than. The secondary friend i had after my pimary friends [kids on my block] was the television! In my spare time i would spent most of my times infront of the television. And talking about my favourite series of the 90’s was the MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS!!!! It was a phenomenon back than. Every body wanted to be the power rangers. Either the Black ranger or the Blue ranger or the Red ranger for the boys and Pink ranger or the Yellow ranger for the girls.

As for me...i would always wanted to be the pink ranger! [That really explains why i possesed loads of pink stuff!] When i came to think about it, i would smile and think how young and gullible i was! Hahaha such reminsce of my chilhood that can never be retrived back in my present adulthood [or still in my adolosence?? (T_T) ]. But...occasionally i will surf the net and try to retrived my childhood by watching the power rangers episodes on youtube!

How i stumble upon this series? As far as i can remember...during my "Tadika" years, My abah akan bawak i pergi this one S.C [shooping centre]. Nama S.C tu Beauty World located dekat Bukit Timah, Singapore. During the 90's that place was a popular spot among the s'poreans tapi sekarang tempat tu is no more a hot spot like before. [Okay back to my story]..dekat level 2 S.C tu ader kedai yang jual T.V and other electronics devices. The 'tokeh' of the kedai letak this one huge television dekat depan kedai dia and dia bukak cerita power rangers. Me..only 5 at that time was so captivated will sit infront of the T.V sampai petang! And my abah will simply left me there. [im not alone okay? There are other kids like me over there.] And i will stay sampai abah cakap "jom kita balik". I think kan sekarang kalau nak elak anak2 hilang dekat S.C, letak jer depan kedai T.V yang bukak cerita kartun ke apa ker..Gerenti tak hilang and tak payah pergi Information counter sebab nak buat buat announcement yang anak hilang! Tapi sekarang ada Ben 10...best sangat ker?

Why do i like this show so much? I can't remember much why do i like this show so much. I think is the message that the show conveyed. Good always triumph over evil...
And last but not least...i've always had a huge crush on the white ranger a.k.a Thomas 'Tommy' Oliver...*Blushing* Hehehe..because he look so pure in his white clothes and constantly fighting the bad guys...plus he is great in martial arts too! Speaking of how to save the damsel in distress

Guess i don't have a deprive childhood afterall.

Mine is extra colourful thanks to the power rangers


Pink Ranger

White ranger

Ps: sheesh... i cant upload the pink and white ranger's picture! [im using ITDF lab..(0_o)]

1 comment:

  1. hhahahahaah!!!
    powre ranger ha!! that's cute!

    i like it b4, bt i cldn't able to watch much of it,cz dul in saudi takda pasal cerita ni sgt..
    bt i get to know them more through games!.. :)

    ReplyDelete